- * View the employment page for directions on how to apply.
(2) Membership Specialist North Little Rock Office
A key member of the Membership, Volunteer, Program Department, the Membership Specialist is responsible for developing, retaining, and increasing girl/adult membership in assigned geographic area; recruits and provides ongoing support to volunteers; assists in developing and implementing plans for membership extension in all markets; represents and extends Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, collaborative efforts, and networking; and ensures the Girl Scout Program is visible and accessible within assigned geographic area.
1. Recruit volunteers to work with girls in a variety of settings using traditional and non-traditional means.
2. Develops and administers effective special short-term programs focused on recruitment of girls
3. Effectively identifies, analyzes, and solves problems, and successfully handles conflict resolution in assigned areas.
4. Establishes and maintains contact with community organizations and educational institutions to deliver Girl Scouting to underserved girls by implementing programs under the guidance and supervision of the Council's Program Director.
5. Encourages and supports Service Units and volunteers in their areas under the guidance of the Volunteer Pathways Department
6. Recruits, trains, and provides on-going support, supervision, and direction to administrative volunteers in assigned geographic areas by interpreting GSUSA and council policies, standards, and procedures, and by ensuring the availability of support services to enable volunteers to carry out their jobs effectively.
- Required:Bachelor's Degree, in related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability in team management
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in related position, and or volunteer role
- Experience in volunteer recruitment/management
- Conflict Management training
- Knowledge of Girl Scout Program Emphasis and Delivery Systems
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent leadership qualities which include the ability to collaborate, organize and work effectively while using creativity in problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of marketing skills and/or willingness to become proficient
- Ability to perform duties including but not limited to; public speaking for large audiences, hands on program
Volunteer Specialisty – Fort Smith Office
Develop and oversee effective and consistent volunteer training throughout the organization, including the planning, coordination, development, delivery and evaluation of adult volunteer training programs, support materials, and initiatives. Delivery of council-wide adult development system with an emphasis on customer service and recognition to volunteers (including both long-term and episodic volunteers). Implementation of the volunteer core curriculum.
- Delivery of volunteer leadership training via classroom, self-paced and e-learning, utilizing materials and initiatives that support GSDAOT’s strategic direction and business objectives.
- Responsible for recruiting, coaching and motivation of a corps of volunteer and staff trainers.
- Maintain cooperative relationships and confer with department field specialists, volunteer leaders and trainers to conduct needs assessments, identify and analyze performance gaps, evaluate specific training needs, recommend appropriate training programs, tools and external resources as necessary
- Oversees the volunteer recognitions and appreciation process. Assessing the council’s adult recognitions plan. Processing and reviewing the volunteer award nominations and working with Volunteer Adult Recognition Committee.
- Promotes recognition of community members and leaders throughout the year, keeping current on National Awards that are available and attainable for all adults.
- Provides ideas/materials for Membership and Program Departments to share with Service Units for Adult appreciations.
- Orders annual recognitions from GSUSA and local vendors.
- Involvement in the planning of annual volunteer trainer events such as Facilitator Retreats, conferences, training service unit meetings, and adult enrichment classes.
- Coordinates facilitator and service unit participation in annual council-sponsored volunteer conferences and council-wide projects and initiatives.
- Facilitate classroom-based and webinar training programs as needed.
- Provides candid feedback in a positive and motivating way.
- In partnership with Volunteer Pathways Manager conducts facilitator trainer sessions for volunteer and staff facilitators on approved training programs and follow up to assure programs are understood and applied consistently and appropriately across the service area.
- Maintain records of recognition histories of volunteers in Personify/Volunteer Management Module.
- Executes other duties as assigned