Camp Taloha is a 165 acre property near Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Pine Bluff is strategically located on the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System and is the site of the first port on the river. Located on the camp’s grounds is a
private 23-acre lake with a lakeside pavilion, archery range, hiking trails,
air-conditioned dining hall, and two troop houses complete with heating and air-conditioning,
bathrooms and hot showers, bunk beds, and one unit has kitchen. The camp also has a
complete cabin unit, two bathhouses with hot showers, pavilion with picnic
tables and fire ring.
- Dining Hall: Fully functional commercial kitchen and functions well as a meeting space and dining facility that has a capacity of 99. Available year-round.
- Troop House: Accommodates 28 people sleeping on bunk beds (bring your own bedding). Indoor flush toilets and showers. Heating and air-conditioning. Available year-round.
- Water House: Accommodates 12 people sleeping on beds (bring your own bedding). A full kitchen, indoor flush toilet and sink, with a separate bathhouse. The kitchen has a range, refrigerator and sink. Heating and air-conditioning. Available year-round.
- Happy Acres: Has 9 screened cabins (sleeps 4 per cabin) for overnight use (bring your own bedding). An outdoor cooking area is provided and includes a campfire circle. Has a separate bathhouse. Available March 15 - November 1.
- Lake Pavilion: A large pavilion with a wonderful old rock fireplace and picnic benches. Located near the lake.
- Canoes: We have 6 canoes available. Capacity is 2 per canoe. Available March 15 - November 1.
NAME THE BUILDINGS! Every girl who visits Camp Taloha over the following year will have an opportunity to vote for a new name for the Troop House and the Water House. At the end of the year, new names will be chosen for what is now called the Troop House and the Water House.