The mission of the Red Ribbon Week Patch is designed to provide Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts the ability to earn a patch from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) by performing anti-drug activities in commemoration of Red Ribbon Week. Furthermore, this initiative seeks to empower young people to create, embrace, and strengthen their drug free beliefs. DEA aims to award a Red Ribbon Week Patch and Certificate of Participation to the first 25,000 qualifying Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
All Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are eligible to participate in the program. To earn the DEA Red Ribbon Patch, please complete the following:
- The online form is available at www.justthinktwice.com.
- The Red Ribbon Patch Program initiative promotes the delivery of drug free messages by Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts within local communities.
- The Red Ribbon Patch Program initiative incorporates, input and direct participation from drug prevention experts such as speakers and presenters, in local Red Ribbon campaigns.
- The Red Ribbon Patch Program initiative inspires grassroots community outreach strategies to reduce the use and abuse of non-prescribed and illicit drugs among youth.
- The Red Ribbon Patch Program initiative keeps the dangers of use and abuse of non-prescribed and illicit drugs prominent in the public.