Girl Scout Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards are the highest awards girls can earn in Girl Scouting, each giving girls the opportunity to discover, connect and take action and each having specific GSUSA and Diamonds Council requirements for earning and/or reporting. Applying and reporting are necessary to not only ensure the integrity of these awards but also to better track what wonderful projects are being conducted throughout the Diamonds Council.
Diamonds Gold Award Mentor Committee
The Diamonds Gold Award Mentor Committee plays an instrumental part in a girl’s success in achieving the Girl Scout Gold Award. The committee is charged with reviewing all Gold Award Applications submitted to the council, following up as necessary and then mentoring the individual girls through the remainder of the process.
This Council-level volunteer position is open to any registered adult member willing to be a positive role model for girls in order to build our leaders of tomorrow. Committee members should possess:
- A desire to improve the quality of Gold Award projects and build a strong network of support
- A strong understanding of the current Gold Award requirements and processes
- Reliable access to internet
- The ability to make fair and impartial decisions
- Consistent time to dedicate to the process (approximately 3-5 hours per week)
For complete information or to join the Diamonds Gold Award Mentor Committee, Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (800) 632-6894.